Welcome friends!

Please enjoy your visit to my blog. Grab a cup of your favorite hot drink and browse some of my old and new artist bears and soft sculptures. You can find more on the official website:

Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Year New Collection

Hi everyone! I have been busy working on some new ideas and new bears. I just finished my latest bear which is the first from the "Mayflower" collection.  These bears will all feature period clothing which is authentically vintage either by fabric or completely hand made pieces from the mid 1800's -early 1900's.  The bears will lend a feel of colonial America and New England. Some of these bears will be featured in an upcoming show being put on by Teddies Worldwide. That show will happen in late March and the featured bears will not be shown prior to that date.
I tried my new pattern on utility cloth before committing to more expensive fabrics and I have to say that after some staining and a little paint job, I actually liked the look. I will probably make more of these later on and out of muslin too.
These bears have more of a classic bear look but with sharper edges and more primitive accents. There will be both male and female bears in this collection for a total of 10 bears.
The bodies are sewn by machine but I will continue to hand stitch all the heads as it gives me the most control. These bears will be made in mohair, viscose and muslin and will fall into different price ranges according to fabric.
I hope you enjoy them!!





No comments:

Post a Comment