Welcome friends!

Please enjoy your visit to my blog. Grab a cup of your favorite hot drink and browse some of my old and new artist bears and soft sculptures. You can find more on the official website:

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful year

I am reflecting on this past year. So many amazing things have happened and one of them has surely been my Fleecy Feetsie business. I still can't believe that I get to do this. It all started with one little Lothario doll that I made for myself and a post of him on Facebook.  The Bergamasco community has be so incredibly important and instrumental to the success of this small business. I have had such pleasure making numerous Bergamasco Fleecies this year.  Some were fun to make and some were difficult because I knew that I had to create a doll that really looked like the beloved companion of someone who had passed. I didn't try to make Bergamascos, I tried to make THE Bergamasco, which is unique to everyone.  I don't have dolls of my own 4 dogs made, but plan to do that this year.
In addition to Bergamascos, I've had the wonderful opportunity to create replicas of other dogs and cats. Many whom have gone over the rainbow bridge.
This year I started what was only the beginning of my mouse collection.  I enjoyed making them SO much and will continue to grow these mice in interesting ways I hope.
My artist bears have been so therapeutic for me to make this year.  As a totally self taught artist,  I have enjoyed experimenting with my own patterns and sewing these bears. I now have a sewing machine but still find that I enjoy hand sewing them more.  I usually can't wait to get to the part where I get to add facial shading and details that make each bear have a unique expression.  The placement of the eyes, the shaving of the face, the style of nose embroidery, all create the look that makes each bear unique.  I am learning to make clothing and have also had lots of fun sourcing vintage clothing that add some character and reflect my personal love for old things.  It has been really exciting to work with other bear artists and some amazing bear websites to help keep this pocket of collectibles alive and healthy.
I am looking forward to my first bear show in March and will be working on a number of bears to enter for the next few months.
I am so grateful for all the growth Fleecy Feetsies has had this year.  For me, it is a dream and a blessing to be able to make people happy in this way.  I wish you all a healthy and prosperous year filled with joy and happiness.
A warm greeting from our real Fleecy bunch~


No comments:

Post a Comment